Wednesday 22 August 2007

Day 14


This morning I got up and made myself a cuppa, then I went to breakfast. After breakfast we set off straight away. We were heading for a cultural village but on the way we saw a market. The stalls must have gone on for at least 1/2 kilometre!! We had a quick look around before setting off to the cultural village.

When we arrived we were just in time for a cultural dance. It was absolutely fantastic!! (I even joined in with some dances!) From here we went to the village restaurant for lunch. After lunch we looked around the village for a while. A man took us on a tour with a group of pre-school children. He told us how to show respect and who lived in the different huts.

After our tour we set off to Mantenga Falls. The waterfall was beautiful and the river was the same river that ran past the cultural village. From here we drove to Mantenga Arts and Crafts. I bought a beautiful pair of earrings. There were also many other shops like the jewellers, handicrafts, gems and much more. Then we set off to a batik shop, but on the way we popped to a market to have a quick look around.

When we arrived at the batik shop we went for a peep, but I didn't buy anything. We only had a drink and a piece of cake at the tea room. As we walked around we saw a really weird lizard on the path. Next we popped to another batik shop and bought a bag before making our way back home.

When we got back Becky and I went to the pool and Becky pushed me in. I laughed my head off. After our swim we went back to the room and got ready for tea. Then we set off to the restaurant. We had a waitress called Eggie! After tea Becky went all weird and started saying things like "you can find chickens rolling around your garden". Finally we went back to the room and went to sleep.
Here is a video of a dance at the cultural village.







No comments: